TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TRAVEL NINJA PROGRAM PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
These are the terms under which we offer Travel Ninja Programs. By registering and paying your deposit, you are entering into this Participant Agreement. Please read these terms carefully before making a deposit or payment for the program. These terms may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions specific to your Program (“Supplemental Terms”). In the event of a conflict between this agreement and the supplemental terms, the Supplemental Terms will apply.
- DEPOSIT: A completed registration form must be submitted with a $200.00-deposit. The deposit is non-refundable. Additional payments will be outlined with your selected payment schedule. Registrations submitted within ninety (90) days of departure must be include full payment.
- ACCOMMODATIONS:Rooms will be doubles, triples and quads with two to four single beds per room. There is a supplemental fee for a single room. There are a limited number of single rooms available for each trip.
- AIR DEVIATIONS:Flights will be booked out of the Los Angeles International Airport, any participant requesting Travel Ninja to make travel arrangements separate from the rest of the group (including departure from/return to an alternate city) must request these arrangements in writing at least 60 business days prior to departure. Additional costs will be borne by the participant who will also be charged a $50.00 processing fee. Airline change fees may also be incurred. If the participant travels separately from the group, no airport transfers will be provided and the participant must make his/her own way to and from the airport.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation and medical insurance. Any questions about what travel insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company.
- PRICING AND INCLUSIONS: Quoted Program prices are per person with shared accommodations. Prices include programming, planning, handling and operational charges and are based on current rates of exchange, tariffs and taxes in effect at the time of publication. We reserve the right to increase Program prices to cover increased costs, tariffs, taxes and V.A.T. received after prices are published and to reflect fluctuations in foreign exchange markets. We will not provide a breakdown of a Program or its parts. Modification of Program content size will not affect the published price.
- EXCLUSIONS: Program prices exclude: trip insurance; costs associated with obtaining passports or entry visas; airport departure taxes (unless otherwise noted); excess baggage charges; gratuities to the Program directors, drivers and guides; meals other than those specified in the Itinerary; sightseeing not included in the Itinerary; and personal expenses such as laundry, communication charges and optional activities (which are subject to availability).
- RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS:The Program deposit amount is listed on the Website or in your brochure. The deposit is required in order to confirm your booking. Upon receipt of the deposit, Travel Ninja will send you confirmation of your booking. Your final payment date will be listed on the confirmation email. If a Program is already full, we will accept deposits on a standby basis. If space becomes available, you will have the choice of joining the Program by paying in full or forfeiting the space in return for a refund of your deposit. Final payment is due ninety (90) days prior to departure unless otherwise indicated. If your reservation is made within ninety (90) days of departure, the entire cost of the trip must be paid at the time of the request in order to secure confirmation.
- PASSPORTS AND VISAS:You are solely responsible for complying with passport and visa requirements. For U.S. travelers, international travel requires a passport valid six (6) months beyond your intended return travel date. Many destinations also require that visas be obtained prior to travel. It is recommended that you check with the U.S. Department of State website for the latest passport and visa requirements.
- CANCELLATION BY YOU:We must receive your cancellation notice in writing by email and your cancellation date will be the date on which we receive your notice.
- If we receive your cancellation notice ninety-one (91) days or more from the departure date, we will refund all fees paid, except the non-refundable deposit.
- If we receive your cancellation notice ninety (90) days or fewer prior to the departure date, we will retain one hundred percent (100%) of the Program price.
Your decision not to participate on the Program due to State Department warnings, fear of travel, illness or any other reason will be deemed a cancellation. If a flight or other delay for any reason prevents you from joining the Program on the Program departure date and time, you will be considered a no-show, and we cannot provide a full or partial refund or credit toward a future Program, but you may join the Program late if you wish.
- CANCELLATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY US: We will make commercially reasonable efforts to keep the Itinerary as it has been published; however, the final Itinerary may vary due to availability and factors beyond our control. We may in our sole discretion substitute services such as hotels or goods of similar quality for any service or good stated in the Itinerary.
We reserve the right to cancel any Program because of inadequate enrollment that makes the trip economically infeasible or due to concerns regarding the safety, health or welfare of our travelers or staff. If we cancel a Program, our liability is limited to a full refund of your payments to us. We will not be liable for any other costs, damages or refunds of any kind for any loss, delay, inconvenience, disappointment or expense whatsoever in such circumstances. If a Program in progress must be interrupted or canceled, our liability shall be strictly limited to refund of the recoverable cost of any unused portion of the Program.
- BAGGAGE:We assume no liability for loss or damage to baggage in transit to and from a Program or while on a Program. We recommend purchasing a supplemental travel insurance package.
- OTHER TAXES AND FEES: Some governments charge departure taxes and/or fees. These fees are the responsibility of each passenger traveling to the designated country and are not included in the Program price unless stated.
- ACTIVE ELEMENTS, MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SPECIAL ASSISTANCE:Some of our Programs incorporate active elements such as hiking, climbing or canoeing; you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with the level of activity that will be involved in your Program. You must disclose in your Participant Information Form (or at such later time when you become aware of such a condition) any existing physical or mental illness, disability, pregnancy or any other condition which may create a health hazard for yourself or others during the Program or for which you may require medical attention or special accommodation during the Program. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs, but you must notify us at the time of booking for a determination of what assistance we can reasonably provide. We regret that we cannot accommodate you if you have special needs for ordinary daily activities, such as walking and dining. In no instance will our Suppliers or we physically lift or assist you on to or off any vehicles. If we cannot accommodate your special needs, you must be accompanied by a companion who will be responsible for independently providing the needed assistance.
We reserve the right to decline acceptance of anyone we consider unsuitable due to fitness level. We also reserve the right to remove you from the Program, at your own expense, if your condition is such that it could create a hazard to you or others, or otherwise impact the enjoyment of other passengers.
- SUPPLIERS ACTS OR OMISSIONS: Travel Ninja acts only as an independent contractor to supply or arrange for the travel services named in your Itinerary or otherwise to procure services or goods from third parties such as airlines, hotels and other lodging providers, local hosts, guides, bus lines, car rental companies, driving services, restaurants and providers of entertainment (the “Suppliers”). Travel Ninja assumes no responsibility for any personal injury, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any act or omission of any of the Suppliers.
- CONDUCT DURING THE PROGRAM: You are responsible for respecting the authority and following the directions of the Program guide and the laws of the countries in your Itinerary during a Program. We may exclude you from participating in all or any part of the Program if, in our sole discretion, your condition or behavior renders you unfit for the Program or unfit for continuation once the Program has begun. Unfitness may include, without limitation, any behavior that, regardless of its cause, is inappropriate or offensive or interferes with the delivery of Program services or may constitute a hazard or embarrassment. In such case, no refunds will be provided. Should you decide for any reason not to participate in certain parts of the Program or use certain goods included in the Program, no refunds will be made for those unused parts of the Program or goods.
- TRAVEL ADVISORIES AND WARNINGS:It is your responsibility to become informed about the most current travel advisories and warnings by referring to the U.S. State Department’s travel website at state.gov.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES: In no event will we be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage or any special, punitive, exemplary, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, that arise out of or are in any way connected with the Program, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- FORCE MAJEURE: We assume no responsibility for any personal injury, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any matter beyond our exclusive control including but not limited to a delay or cancellation that causes you to miss all or any portion of the Program, acts of God, acts of government, war, terrorist acts, riots, disaster, weather extremes or strikes. We have no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. You understand that health care standards, facilities and services abroad may be different or even inadequate for treating health conditions. For information concerning possible dangers at foreign destinations, we recommend visiting the State Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs’ website which lists each country’s Travel Advisory. For medical information, we recommend contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or cdc.gov/travel.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND RELEASE: If you participate in activities during your Program, certain risks and dangers may arise, including, but not limited to, the risk of accidents in remote places without access to medical facilities, transportation or means of rapid evacuation and assistance; the hazards of traveling in unsafe or politically unstable areas or under unsafe conditions; the dangers of civil disturbances, war, extortion, kidnapping and terrorist activities; dangers and risks inherent in activities in underdeveloped countries; and dangers of local law enforcement activity. You hereby expressly assume all of these risks and dangers, and you hereby expressly agree to forever release, discharge and hold us and our agents, employees, officers and directors, harmless against any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature whatsoever which you now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with your Program or participation in any activities in which you participate.
- GENERAL: You hereby consent to our use of pictures or video of you in our marketing materials without compensation. Facsimile or scanned transmission of any signed document shall be deemed delivery of an original. If there are any conflicts between this Participant Agreement and the Itinerary, this Participant Agreement shall apply. All applications are subject to review and approval. We reserve the right to decline to do business with anyone on a nondiscriminatory basis.